Friday, July 8, 2011

Reflection on Video on Plagiarism


Carla Anderson, Candice Schiesel, Brian Marshall, and I collaborated to produce videos that examined how technology facilitates cheating in contemporary classrooms. We did all of our recording at Westbrook High School. I really enjoyed working with my partners and think we got along well.
If I could redo my project, there is not too much that I would change. I probably would have practiced using the iMovie program more before I made my short video. I also would have gotten some statistics on cheating in the United States today and included them in my video. Overall, there is not too much that I would change.
The video recording and editing process went better than I thought it would. Recording the video is surprisingly easy with a flip camera. Using iMovie made editing the video pretty easy and a lot of fun. The program was easy to learn and to navigate. I enjoyed the process and may make videos again someday for classroom use.
I believe that students in my future classrooms will be able to create movies. There must be ample access to technology. Assuming that there will be sufficient recording devices and computers, I think students could make great use of videos including making short documentaries in social studies classes.  If I have the technological resources necessary for students to make films, then I will provide them with the time and topics required for making a documentary film.
Everything that I learned while making the video was new to me. I knew very little about making videos before making this video on plagiarism. I have seen many documentaries . After making a video, I thought more about how documentarians must sequence images and include both dialogue, sound effects, and appropriate amounts of silence in their films. I also gained more respect for anyone who can edit a film without it having small jumps between scenes.
I enjoyed making this video and collaborating with my partners. It was an enriching experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment